Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S or EHS) compliance software automates the management of safety programs and makes government regulatory compliance much easier. EHS software systems have been proven to raise the level of safety awareness and participation across your entire organization by systematically tracking and reviewing safety initiatives and engaging your workforce, resulting in significantly lower incident rates and operating costs while increasing productivity.
Why use an EHS Management Software?
Using EHS software allows you to not only stay compliant with industry requirements, but also to improve other aspects of your organization. Some of the benefits of using EHS software include:
Get rid of audit headaches
Spreadsheet-based safety “systems” are a natural choice for new businesses. However, when a company grows, these can quickly become unmanageable and error-prone, costing owners time and energy and causing accounting issues before audit deadlines. Safety software tools, on the other hand, fully automate regulatory compliance reporting and distribute data entry and safety management responsibilities across your team.
Increase productivity while lowering costs
Safety management systems boost the degree of safety awareness and engagement across your entire business by systematically measuring and assessing safety programs and actively involving your staff in them. This results in lower incident rates, lower operating costs, and higher productivity.
Optimize your intangibles
Besides the financial and organizational advantages, safety management systems can help you improve many of the intangibles of running a modern business, such as increased management confidence and employee morale, allowing you to attract and retain the best people in an increasingly competitive HR landscape.
Ensures regulatory compliance
Government regulations are subject to change at any time. Using an EHS software can help you stay up with these changes. It enables you to stay up to date on OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) requirements while also collecting data to easily report your company’s KPIs.
Features of EHS Compliance Software
We’ve discussed the definition of EHS software, but you might be wondering, “How does EHS software work?” To gain a better understanding, we must first analyze the features it provides:
- Health Management – Above all, this software assists you in monitoring occupational health and industrial hygiene in your workplace. It can assess your employee’s health and determine whether their body is capable of performing according to industry requirements.
- Safety Management – This function allows users to track, analyze, and minimize workplace incidents to protect your employees’ safety. Using the information gathered by this software, you may next hold seminars on occupational hazards and work procedures.
- Risk Assessment – This module allows users to evaluate actions that may result in possible dangers. It can also help you optimize safety checks, identify workplace dangers, manage insurance, and establish risk reduction plans.
- Creating an Action Plan – Are you looking to improve the method to protect your employees? Users can use this feature to develop corrective and preventive action plans based on incidents that have occurred at your workplace or at other businesses.
Purchasing Factors to Consider
You may already have a clear idea of what you want in an EHS software, but you should be careful not to ignore other factors of a software while you research. Apart from the software’s quality and affordability, there are several other aspects to consider before investing in an EHS program:
- Product Scalability – The requirements of your company may shift over time. If you operate a small business, you will most likely wish to expand it. On the other hand, if you own a corporation, you may desire to diversify into other industries. In such situations, you will require a software solution that can adapt to the changes. By selecting a scalable platform, you can avoid having to purchase a new one every time your business changes.
- Reliable Technical Assistance – No matter how powerful the software solution you invest in, you will still meet technical challenges, whether they are bugs, malfunctions, or user errors. Find an EHS system vendor that provides dependable customer assistance to avoid downtimes. This could be in the form of live chat, 24/7 phone support, email support, a knowledge database, video tutorials, customer training, or a combination of all.
- Robust Features – Take a thorough look at the features that an EHS platform has to offer before you buy it. Keep an eye out for tools that are simple to use but capable of handling your tasks. This will assist you ensure that both inexperienced users and professionals in your organization can use the platform without difficulty.
Having a powerful EHS software like CloudApper Safety can make a huge difference in your business. CloudApper Safety is an impressive OSHA recordkeeping software that allows businesses to create a safer workplace without the hassle of paperwork. This EHS software will assist you in keeping your workplace safe, ensuring the safety of your employees, and ensuring the long-term sustainability of your company.